Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Jasmine Tea Muffins


It feels rather strange to be posting a recipe for something sweet after telling you how I needed a break from all the eating. But it's all about balance in life, and baking just felt so right today. I spent the day in the Alps. It was so beautiful I forgot to take pictures. (I just want to share one I took on Sunday, the mountain in the back is close to where I grew up. I never noticed it when I grew up, but now I'm always so impressed when I'm back home)

But the air is so fresh, it somehow makes me feel a bit more alive. And tomorrow I'll be up again, my boyfriend and I are going to try snowshoeing again, it was great fun last year. Snowshoeing is really tiring, so a light soup just would not do. I'll be bringing these little muffins. I originally found a recipe for Earl Grey Tea Muffins on Just Bento. I just like Jasmine Tea a lot better than Earl Grey, and when I tried the recipe as it was I found it to be quite dense, and eggy (is that a word? The texture is just a bit wrong when you use too many eggs, in my opinion) I decided to use another recipe as the base for these little muffins. Jasmine tea just makes me happy, when I worked in a café after school one of my bosses said that Jasmine tea was her "happy tea", whenever she needed something to lift her up, she drank a cup of Jasmine tea. I loved that, and it somehow translated to me, it just makes me happy, too. So make these muffins, have them with a cup of Jasmine tea, be happy, and make the world a better place!



Jasmine Tea Mini-Muffins
Inspired by these Earl Grey Tea Muffins, actual muffin recipe adapted from these Green Tea Cupcakes

Ingredients:
120g Yogurt
140ml milk
70ml canola oil
160g all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp Jasmine tea
1/4 tsp salt
150g sugar

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line the muffin pan with liners (I usually don't because my cups are made out of silicone)
Grind the Jasmine tea using a mortar and pestle. (you could probably also give it a whirl in the food processor, or just crush the leaves between your fingers)

Beat together the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl. Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. (Don't forget to add the Jasmine tea!)
Spoon the batter into the muffin pan. Bake for about 10 minutes. Let them cool on a rack, but try one still warm, and smile!

Makes 24 mini-muffins. (I didn't try them in the regular muffin pan, so I don't know for sure but I guess this would only make about 6-8 muffins. If anyone tries it out, please let me know so that I can update!)

2 comments :

  1. These muffins sound great!! I adore tea flavored baked goods. You are in the ALPS?! Wow...I am jealous, I hope you are having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot! If you are ever close to Switzerland, come by and visit me, I'd love to be your guide.

    ReplyDelete