Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Blank Slate


I'd like to start this year off by thanking you all, you who come by and visit me and my online home, for being here. I wish you all the best for 2013! May there be lots of love, laughter and growth.
While I don't really make any new year's resolutions, I still appreciate the blank slate we all get after 365 days of living in this beautiful but broken world. I do love the opportunity the new year gives me to think about what I want to change in the next year.
In the last years not much has sprung from this January enthusiasm. Around mid march, or sometimes only two weeks in, I seem to have lost the fire to keep on making changes.
I know well how to make a plan, it's sticking to it that proves to be difficult.
A few days ago I started the January Cure over on Apartment Therapy. I have a list of things written out, things I want to change in our home. It needs painting, a little rearranging and lots of decluttering. And I know, only devoting a month in the beginning of the year is not going to have a lasting effect until next year.


More than a January apartment cure, I need a 2013 life cure. I want to dedicate more time to producing instead of consuming. I want to be more mindful, more relaxed, more spontaneous. And I know in my heart I want to be more open and share more of myself.
Even after almost 2 years writing here, I don't feel I have found what I'd like this space to be. Defining feels like constricting, so this year I'd love to give myself the permission to just do what feels like the right thing to do here, and I'd love to have you here to share it with.

No comments :

Post a Comment