Thursday, March 3, 2011

Couscous with Zucchini


On sunday my boyfriend and I made this quick dish. We didn't have much time to cook and this was perfect, it took us only about 10 minutes from start to finish. We just used what we had on hand, but you could use any other vegetable you have in your fridge.



Couscous with Zucchini

Ingredients:
~1 cup dry couscous
2 cloves garlic
1 zucchini
3 mushrooms
2 + 4 tablespoons olive oil
harissa

Prepare couscous according to package instructions.
Cut the garlic, the zucchini and the mushrooms in thin slices. Heat two tablespoons olive oil in a non-stick pan (on medium heat), add the garlic and the vegetables. Cook until tender. In a small bowl mix the remaining olive oil with the harissa. I used about one teaspoons full, but not every harissa is the same and you might prefer it hotter than I do. Add the mixture to the vegetables, stir in well. Serve with the couscous.

Serves 2.

2 comments :

  1. This sounds really good...especially with the addition of the harissa! That would give it a beautiful flavor! :) I love mushrooms, but every time I eat them, they make my stomach hurt. :( I'll have to give this a try sometime...maybe with a different vegetable. :) Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dish is so up my alley. I adore couscous and zucchini together and add mushrooms to the mix...perfection! Super easy recipe on top of everything else, this looks hard to beat :-)

    ReplyDelete