Saturday, March 5, 2011

Lavender Cookies

 
 These cookies must be about the easiest cookies I ever made. But their taste is pretty special, I would have never thought of using lavender in food. But the simpleness of the cookies and the lavender flavor go really well together.
Try them, even if you have to go and buy lavender just for these. I love them and think you will too!


Lavender Cookies:

Recipe slightly adapted from A Piece of Cake by Leila Lindholm
Ingredients:
100g soft butter
80g sugar
150g flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon fresh or dried lavender

Preheat the oven to 150°C or about 300°F. In a bowl whisk together the butter with the sugar until the mix is creamy. In another bowl mix the flour, the baking soda and the lavender, add this to the butter/sugar mix and and mix in well.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, form the dough into little balls (about walnut size) and place them on the baking sheet. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 15-20 minutes.

2 comments :

  1. I adore the smell of lavender, I can only imagine eating it in cookies would be divine. This sounds like a perfect tea cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love lavender and I know I'd go nuts over these cookies! :) They sound wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete