Thursday, April 14, 2011

Carrot Mücver

I love to try out recipes from countries I would like to travel to. It allows me to bring the country into my kitchen. Until now I've never traveled outside of Europe, but through cooking and eating exotic food I feel like I've experienced at least one part of India or China, Ethiopia, or Turkey.
I would love to travel to Turkey, I have heard from different people that Istanbul is beautiful. The rest of the country must be interesting too. But until I travel to Istanbul, or India, or Peru, I just keep on cooking.
Last week my boyfriend and I made this Turkish dish. It is basically a carrot pattie (if that is the right word for it). In Turkish they are called Mücver.




Carrot Mücver
Ingredients:
~4 carrots, grated
1 small onion, chopped
15g fresh dill, chopped
70g feta, crumbled
2 eggs
~50g flour
salt and pepper
olive oil

In a bowl, mix everything except olive oil. Heat the olive oil in a skillet, on medium high heat. Form the "dough" to patties, they should not too thick. Cook for about 5 minutes on both sides until the egg sets and they are golden brown.
Serve with couscous and yogurt (add in any herbs you have on hand. Mint, dill or cilantro work really well).

Serves 2.

4 comments :

  1. Mmm carrot patty, I love the way that sounds for some reason (probably because I am orange from all the carrots I eat)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks really good! I have seen potato patties and sweet potato patties but never carrots. Sounds like it would be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't knew what a Mücver was until today, you made it look absolutely delicious, so I think I'll try it

    http://lizardcookieshoe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be perfect for breakfast!! I'm crazy about carrots so I would love these! I don't know why I never thought to try something like this. I love how simple it is to make too! :)

    ReplyDelete