Thursday, May 26, 2011

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever



Last week A long time ago I made the Brown Butter Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies Joy the Baker posted a few weeks months ago. I just couldn't resist the name of it. It promised a lot, and I can happily report that the recipe lived up to the expectations. The different flavors complement each other nicely. I never browned butter before, but it was really easy, and it smelled delicious. You really have to try these! They are really easy to make, however, it takes some time to brown the butter and toast the coconut.
I didn't change the recipe, so I just post the link. The only thing I did differently is that I toasted the coconut in a pan, not in the oven. I prefer the control I have over the food. (I usually burn stuff in the oven).
Additional Note: If you, like me, have never browned butter before, just follow her instructions. It really takes some time, just wait patiently. And it really only starts to brown after the butter stops to sizzle.
I forgot to take a picture until only three cookies were left. 

No comments :

Post a Comment