Monday, August 22, 2011

No-Knead Bread with Leek

I made this bread last winter, last year in fact. I haven't made a no-knead bread since, I don't know why exactly. It was mouthwateringly delicious. It crackled while it cooled down. It is beautiful.
Since then I missed out on this. I bought supermarket bread, which is bland in comparison. It is not freshly baked. It is not that crispy yet moist. And most important, I did not make it myself.
I'm still on vacation, but once I'm back I want to start a bread baking routine. And I have to take up my cookbook challenge again.

P.S.: I used the regular recipe for no-knead bread on the homepage of the Sullivan Street Bakery and just added leek, the white part, cut in rings. It made the bread even moister and added lots of flavor, but less suited to breakfast.

1 comment :