Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ricotta and Peas Crostini

I already talked about my mother's birthday party, but I have to tell you about these crostini.
My little brother (he is 14) is a bit of a picky eater. I did not expect him to like much of what we made, just because he is 14. I was somewhat surprised when he loved the smell (and later the taste) of the tortilla when I made it. But when he said he loved these crostini, I was almost shocked. The peas are not blended in completely so there were little bits still visible (my mother usually blends the tomato sauce with a blender because of him), there is a hint of mint in there (he is not used to that) and it's texture is not as firm as I wanted it to be (he would like it better that way), but no: he came back for more and asked me what was in there. He loved them, which was somehow really cute.




Ricotta and Peas Crostini
Ingredients:
1 container ricotta (I think mine was 250g)
~200g peas, frozen (or fresh, if you have)
mint
salt
1 baguette

Place the frozen peas in a colander and rinse them with warm water until defrosted. Mix them with the ricotta in a bowl, add only a few leaves of mint (you can add more later) and blend them a few seconds with an immersion blender. You still want some whole peas, not completely blended in. Salt to taste. Store in the fridge until you need it. Add more mint if you want.

Toast the slices of baguette in the oven, in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil, or in the toaster. Put a tablespoon of the ricotta mixture on top and sprinkle with a bit chopped mint.

No comments :

Post a Comment