Saturday, June 16, 2012

Done! Polka Dot Napkins


Recently, I came to love pinterest. I pinned a few recipes before, but only when I discovered the diy section did I see what the power of pinterest really is. I feel inspired by all the things I could never come up with myself. But what I realized is that inspiration is not enough. Pinning all these wonderful crafts and ideas and pictures alone does not change a thing in my life or home, and is more a waste of my time than anything.
Now it is time to do those things. Not all at the same time, but if I want to keep on pinning lovely things, I also need to make something. Create. Get inspired to do.

One of the first things I made is these polka dot napkins. The original craft Easy Messy Handprinted Polka Dots can be found over at A Beautiful Mess. I love how these turned out. I chose two different kinds of blue for my napkins and placed the individual dots a bit wider apart than my inspiration. A few notes: If you want the dots to be uniform in size, do not press down the Q-Tips too hard, the flatten and become bigger. Also, if you want to avoid having oval sized points on the folds of the napkin, do not be like me and iron that thing. It really wouldn't be that hard.
Do you join me in ticking off things of our inspiration boards? Inspiration to execution. It can be anything, from the recipes you want to try, little or big projects, organizing tips...

2 comments :

  1. So cute! Patterned napkins are always so majorly expensive but these look just as awesome for way less money!

    ReplyDelete