Tuesday, July 17, 2012

25 Things Before 25 Years

Yesterday I celebrated my 24th birthday, in the new apartment, with some friends and family. I spent the day in the kitchen, mostly, preparing food for my guests, and baking a glorious caramel chocolate cheesecake for myself.
Having company over for something to eat and a glass of wine (or two) is one of my favorite ways of spending a day. It makes me shine and smile and laugh, and just generally happy.

To make my 25th year on this earth even better than the last one, I compiled a list of things I want to accomplish in the next 365 days. There are things on this list that are a bit scary to me, there are things I want to make happen this year and just things I think would be fun to do.
I think I'll report back how I do over the course of the next year. I better get going soon.
I'll be back with a recipe soon, now I need to go and try out my new food processor!

2 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday, Lena! Sounds like you had a great time--that's hands down my favorite way to spend a day too. Wish I could've made you something though to celebrate. I love the list you compiled, and just so you know if you want to travel to the American Northwest, you have a place to stay at with me. :) I especially like that last goal though... rejection seems like such a hard thing to set yourself up for (I'm so risk-averse), but the fact that you're getting rejections means you're getting so many other opportunities and experiences. I hope you get everything done on your list, Lena, and I hope you have a great year as being 24 years old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Amy. I fear rejections, but I know I gotta get them if I want to make good things happen in my life. (I am risk-averse, too) Actually searching for rejections will hopefully make this easier for me.
      I have many travelling plans for the next year, but aside from a train trip with direction to Istanbul (and Turkey in general) I don't have hands on plans. If I do travel anywhere near you I'd love to meet up! Or if your boyfriend really does come back to study in Switzerland, and you come to visit him, I'd love to show you around.

      Delete