Monday, June 27, 2011

Peach Tartelette with Ricotta and Rosemary

Peach Tartelette with Ricotta and Rosemary


I had quite a lot going on this week. I met some friends, attended my sister's graduation party, met some other friends,  and while I love going out and meeting people, I was getting frustrated, because I did not have time to cook.
Yesterday, while working, I dreamt of the White Peach Tartelettes With Rosemary Sugar I saw on Helene Dujardins blog. They kept taking over my mind, I could not stop thinking of peaches paired with rosemary. After work I made a note into my journal: Peaches, ricotta and lemon, rosemary. I bought a pie crust and went on and visited a friend.
But when I got home yesterday, at 10 p.m. and after a few glasses of wine, I started to assemble these two little tartelettes. Preparing something so simple is quite therapeutic for me. After half an hour I felt relaxed and pampered. I don't go to spas or get massages or anything, cooking and baking does the job for me.

What do you do to calm down and relax? 




Peach Tartelette with Ricotta and Rosemary

Ingredients:
1 round pie crust (mine was for a 28cm round pie pan) A rectangular form would work better, but that is what I had on hand. You could make your own if you have more time than I did
4 tablespoons of ricotta
2 peaches
zest of half a lemon
rosemary (about a 3-4 cm long sprig)
2 tablespoons of sugar 

Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Cut the round crust in half and fold the round part just a bit to make it a bit more rectangular. Spread 2 tablespoons of ricotta on each half of the crust, but don't cover the outer part (about 3-4 cm), slice two peaches, place them on the ricotta and add half of the lemon zest. Chop the rosemary and mix it with the sugar. Sprinkle that on top of the peaches. Fold the edge over to cover the peaches a bit.
Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. My oven is a bit on the hot side, so your tartelettes may take a bit longer. Once the sugar bubbles and the crust turned golden brown but not black, they should be done.


Serves 4.

1 comment :

  1. oh YUM!!! What a wonderful combination that I would have never thought of! I'd love to try it! Rosemary and peaches sound wonderful together!

    Baking relaxes me tremendously! Cooking does too, but baking even more so. There's something about kneading dough that's just so calming. I'm not sure what it is but having my hands in dough always makes me feel good. :)

    ReplyDelete